- MostlyLinux and individuals at MostlyLinux providing the maintenance service.
- the Client
- The company and/or individuals the maintenance service is being provided to.
- An instance of a real or virtual server with a Linux distribution installed and configured by MostlyLinux.
- Linux distribution
- The Linux kernel, and GNU and open-source utilities and applications, pre-packaged by a third-party, as chosen by MostlyLinux to provide the necessary services and functions on a server.
- Any real or virtual computer, operating system, application or user utilizing any service or function on a server.
- Any real or virtual interconnections of any type between one or more servers and/or one or more clients.
- MostlyLinux strongly recommends use of multiple backup methods:
- Each server should have their disks arranged in a redundant RAID array configuration (RAID 1, RAID 10, RAID 5 or RAID 50), to prevent downtime and loss of data due to hard drive failures.
- Each server should have off-site backups, via tapes or removable hard-drives, to prevent downtime and loss of data due to complete server failure and/or user error.
- Each essential server should have an on-site hot-backup, in case of complete failure of the essential server.
- MostlyLinux accepts no liability for and makes no guarantee nor warranty against any loss of data or any financial loss as a result of any server, client or network failure, whether or not backup methods are in place.
- MostlyLinux strongly recommends adherence to strict rules governing usage and administration of server(s), especially in regards to limiting operations as and access to the “root” account.
- The contract fee, as negotiated between MostlyLinux and the Client, is payable monthly, in advance, as invoiced by MostlyLinux to the Client.
- All additional charges are payable monthly, in arrears, as invoiced by MostlyLinux to the Client.
- All additional charges for time will be invoiced at MostlyLinux’s normal hourly rate at the time the work was performed.
- MostlyLinux will notify the Client in advance of any changes to MostlyLinux’s normal hourly rate.
- MostlyLinux reserves the right to re-negotiate the contract fee at any time with one (1) month’s notice to the Client.
- There is a one (1) working day response time for requests related to items covered by the contract. Actual completion time on requests may exceed one (1) working day.
- The response time for requests related to items not covered by the contract will vary according to MostlyLinux’s availability.
- MostlyLinux does not offer “emergency” service, and all requests for service outside of regular business hours will be at MostlyLinux’s discretion.
What is Covered
- Periodic upgrades of the Linux distribution on the server(s) (in co-ordination with the Client, approximately once per year).
- Security and bugfix updates to the Linux distribution on the server(s) (as released, generally several times per month).
- Daily monitoring of the server(s) with regards to security and stability.
- Initial diagnosis (not necessarily repair, see “What is Not Covered” below) on server(s) when required.
- Note: the underlying real (host) server for a virtual server will be included in the maintenance fee for the virtual server at no additional cost if, and only if, the real (host) server is only used to host virtual servers, and if all of the virtual servers so hosted are part of the maintenance contract. If any other applications or services are run on the real (host) server, or if the real (host) server hosts any virtual server(s) that are not part of the maintenance contract, maintenance must also be paid on the real (host) server.
What is Not Covered
- For any issue not caused by MostlyLinux, additional charges for time and materials to rectify the issue apply.
- For any issue caused by changes to server(s), client(s) and/or network(s) by anyone or anything other than MostlyLinux, charges for diagnosis time also apply.
- For software and/or hardware not included in the Linux distribution or outside the scope of MostlyLinux’s expertise, even if installed by MostlyLinux at the request of the Client, additional charges for time (including diagnosis) and materials apply.
- For software and/or hardware installed by anyone other than MostlyLinux, and any resulting effects on server(s), client(s) and/or network(s), additional charges for time (including diagnosis) and materials apply.
Pricing (in Canadian Dollars):
|Server Maintenance Contract (one server)||$285||per month|
|Server Maintenance Contract (two servers)||$545||per month|
|Server Maintenance Contract (three servers)||$785||per month|
|Server Maintenance Contract (additional servers)||$220||per month|
Note: Any work done outside of regular business hours at the request of the client will be charged an overtime rate of 1.5 times the regular hourly rate. Also, customers without a contract are subject to a minimum 1 hour charge for remote service, and a minimum 2 hour charge for on-site service.